word 2010

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:20 PM
hey there.. would there be a functional version of word 2010? it doesn't currently install on mine saying that a required component of word 2007 was not found. thank you
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 4:13 PM
Hi, It is working fine with Word 2010. Have you installed the AutoHistory version with Office 2007 PIA?
Aug 11, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Hi Marcow

Thank you for the quick response. I did try to install the Office 2007 pia, but it complains there's no Office 2007 installed and i need to install it before installing pia.

Just to give you a little information about the computer i'm working with, it's an hp elite 2530p with win 7 ultimate, office 2010 and .net 4

The machine was recently rebuilt, so it is a fairly clean install i'm currently running.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Hi, Ok, try to download and install the VSTO 2010 Runtime: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=f4d7a5a1-8ca8-489d-97eb-663a54d609a0 Hope that helps. marco
Aug 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Hi marcow. I'm getting the same error message, trying to use this with Office 2010 (released version). The exact error code is:

A required component for interacting with Word 2007 is not available. Please run setup.exe.

The only option is to click OK, then Close.

I installed the VSTO 2010 Runtime as suggested above, but still get the error message.

Thanks much. This is one of my favorite utilities for Word.

James

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2010 at 7:01 AM
Hi, I've uploaded a Version dedicated to Word 2010 (using the new VSTO and new installer). You can find it on the download page. Try it, and give me feedback. I haven't tested it on a blank machine.
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Hello Marcow

i just run the new package. Unfortunately no luck..

the error message is quite strange as well:

The following solutions cannot be loaded because Microsoft Office support for the .NET framework is not installed: austohistory.vsto

for more information, see

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=135965

the web site doesn't explain too much unfortunately.

i have the full installation of office  2010 and .net 4.0 + extended.. I refreshed the .net 4 just in case, but it is still not working

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Hi marcow.

I successfully installed the new package, however, I don't see the AutoHistory  on the View Ribbon. I also looked through the customize ribbon menu and didn't see where I could add it from there.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your efforts!

James

Aug 13, 2010 at 1:41 PM

One other quick note...

I do see AutoHistory loading as a COM Add-in, but can't find the menu for it to add to any of my Ribbons.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 6:55 AM
tiita wrote:

Hello Marcow

i just run the new package. Unfortunately no luck..

the error message is quite strange as well:

The following solutions cannot be loaded because Microsoft Office support for the .NET framework is not installed: austohistory.vsto

for more information, see

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=135965

the web site doesn't explain too much unfortunately.

i have the full installation of office  2010 and .net 4.0 + extended.. I refreshed the .net 4 just in case, but it is still not working

Hi,

Please try the following: Go to Control Panel->Programs and select Office 2010. Then click "change". In the opening window select "Add or remove feature". Now expand "Office-Tools" and install the first entry ".NET...".

Hope that helps.

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 7:02 AM
jwats01 wrote:

One other quick note...

I do see AutoHistory loading as a COM Add-in, but can't find the menu for it to add to any of my Ribbons.

Thanks!

Hi,

Strange. Is it successfully loaded? (See Office->Options->AddIns, click "Go..." beside the "COM Add-ins" dropdown.)

If yes and there is nothing on the "View" ribbon, you can try one of the following:

- Remove the addin completely (also from the list above in the COM Add-ins window) and re-install.

- Customize the ribbon. In the dropdown "Choose commands from:" select "All Commands" and search for "Show/Hide History".

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM

unfortunately it is already installed. i run repair too just in case. but no luck :( oh well

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:06 PM
marcow wrote:
jwats01 wrote:

One other quick note...

Thanks!

Hi,

Strange. Is it successfully loaded? (See Office->Options->AddIns, click "Go..." beside the "COM Add-ins" dropdown.)

If yes and there is nothing on the "View" ribbon, you can try one of the following:

- Remove the addin completely (also from the list above in the COM Add-ins window) and re-install.

- Customize the ribbon. In the dropdown "Choose commands from:" select "All Commands" and search for "Show/Hide History".

I tried both with no success. I deleted from the COM add-ins, then uninstalled. I reinstalled, and still the same results.

In the customize the ribbon selections, I chose All Commands, but still do not see Show/Hide History.

Any other ideas?

Thanks much!

James

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2010 at 2:30 PM

That means, that it is not loaded. Is it shown in the Add-in dialog as "loaded"? Have you tried to re-install with the "office 2010" version I've uploaded to the "Downloads" page?

If the answer is yes to both questions, then I do not have any more ideas, sorry. For me its running fine (because of an Visual Studio installation), but I've also installed it successfully on another machine without an installed Visual Studio.